Until further noticeServices, events and meetings are being held only online. Contact us for more information.
What Makes Us Different?
We focus on the spiritual, educational, social and pastoral needs of adults. Many of our members are empty nesters. We embrace mixed-faith couples, participants of any age, and LGBTQ members.
- Our small size (90 people) fosters a close-knit, caring community. It’s easy to form friendships, partner with learning mentors and take on leadership roles.
- Members and professionals work together on matters of ritual, education and decision-making, fostering empowerment and mutual learning
- Members routinely lead sections of the service and the Torah discussions.
- We offer varied Shabbat experiences: breakfast-studies, rabbi-led and member-led services and Friday night potlucks.
- We don’t own a building: spending centers on programs and services for members.
- Strong lay leadership and transparency in all decision-making.
- Voluntary member contributions (not set dues).
- Conveniently located on the Green line. Directions.
Shir Hadash is a small, inclusive, participatory, egalitarian congregation (havurah) affiliated with the Reconstructionist branch of Judaism.
Contact us and get acquainted!