What Makes Us Different?
We focus on the spiritual, educational, social and pastoral needs of adults. Many of our members are empty nesters. We embrace mixed-faith couples, participants of any age, and LGBTQ members.
- Our small size (90 people) fosters a close-knit, caring community. It’s easy to form friendships, partner with learning mentors and take on leadership roles.
- Congregants value Rabbi Rachel Dvash Schoenfeld’s ability to give more time to individual members than is possible in a larger congregation.
- Members routinely lead sections of the service and the Torah discussions.
- We offer varied Shabbat experiences: breakfast-studies, rabbi-led and member-led services, Friday night potlucks.
- We don’t own a building: spending centers on programs and services for members.
- Strong lay leadership and transparency in all decision-making.
- Voluntary member contributions (not set dues).
- Conveniently located! We’re on the Green Line in Newton Centre.